Saturday, April 19, 2014

Good Friday, 18 April





In Christian terms, there is no way to light or glory except through the sore ground under the dark weight of the Cross.  The Cross is a lonely forsaken symbol. Good Friday is always deeply lonesome. There is an eerie and disturbing sadness at the heart of this day. On Good Friday, the pain of the world is returning to the Cross, awaiting transfiguration again- John O Donohue


I often reflect on the two others with Christ at the crucifixion, especially the one thought to be a thief.  I have often succumbed to this sin in life, thievery.  Sometimes it doesn't even seem sinful to me.  When one becomes long aquainted with one's own darker parts of the soul, it can be difficult to believe in the symbolism and power of the graceful nature of a forgiving God.   The Grace I have found, I have found when I have been able to give of myself and share the loving comfort of forgiveness with others.   It isn't easy to reflect on the pain involved with life-when you have suffered greatly and struggled, it doesn't really get too much easier.  But when we can give love away and forgiveness we can experience the light within and therein is where I find the grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment