![]() |
| Las Posas, Sir Edward James Mystic Garden, St. Louis Potosi, Mexico |
August 8: High Summer in the Garden
Christ is in every person in the world, and every object as well. There is no room for hypocrisy. Why use bitter soup for healing when sweet water is everywhere?
When one of us gets lost, is not here, he must be inside us. Theres no place like that anywhere in the world.-Rumi-from Coleman Barks the Essential Rumi.
Last night I saw two old recovery buddies I think of as spiritual gardeners. They tend to their spiritual garden, weeding it of excessive ego, feeding it with love. They aren't monks or perfect people, but the garden they have created and tended to is full of beauty and happiness they joyfully share with others, sometimes without even trying. Being with them and sharing with them last night reminded me to continue the work of this garden, of sharing the joy that comes from being attentive to the indwelling spirit, the "Small Still Voice" within, that bids me to care for the beautiful garden within myself. The outdwelling garden in the beauty of High Summer, with crickets flying in the high grass as one dog chases through the grass with glee, while the other happily pants with his tongue out is sometimes a reminder of this, connecting mind, body, spirit, and earth, and when I feel totally connected across all the spheres o existence like that, it is simply awesome.
![]() |
| Finn at play in the High Grass of Summer |
I have come into my garden
My sister, My Bride;
I have gathered my myrrh with my spice.
I have eaten my honeycomb with my honey.
I have drunk my wine and my milk.
Eat friends, and drink.
Drink your fill of love.
-Song of Songs, 5:1.



No comments:
Post a Comment